At Burbage & Easton Royal CC we are lucky to have so many willing volunteers with diverse skill sets, but we are always keen to find other people who can help with the running of the club. The purpose of this page is to clearly show how the club is structured so that if anybody wants to get involved or share an idea they know who their best point of contact is.
In recent times we have moved away from the traditional committee structure into smaller sub committees, the reasoning for this is that it allows members to identify an area they are interested in helping with and get involved without having to sit through long arduous meetings where we discuss each and every aspect of the club. For example, if you have a passion for fundraising you can join the fundraising and events committee safe in the knowledge that you won’t have to sit through a meeting where we discuss what we do about senior cricket or fixing the gang mowers. Time is precious, especially when volunteering, we want our volunteers to spend as much time participating in the area they are excited about.
Here are the 7 sub committees that we have setup:
- Playing – All aspects of playing, including junior, senior, ladies and coaching. Liaising with grounds committee. Arranging fixtures.
- Grounds – Preparing playing facilities, maintaining equipment and up keep of the ground.
- Finances – Preparing year end accounts, financial planning, financial safeguards and financial procedure.
- Fundraising & Events – Organising the club’s major events, bringing in sponsorship, applying for grants and working towards financial targets.
- Welfare– All aspects of welfare within the club for both juniors and seniors.
- Operations – Overseeing the running of the bar, day to day upkeep of the pavilion and grounds.
- New Pavilion – Managing the project to build a new pavilion.