Burbage & Easton Royal CC is an ambitious club based in East Wiltshire. Over recent years, the club has developed from a small village side into a club that can offer any member as much, if not more, than the bigger clubs in the county. At Burbage & Easton Royal CC we have a strong coaching set-up, including a New Zealand First Class Cricketer and an ECB Level 3 Coach, as well as many other, “home grown coaches”. However a club is not all about what happens on the pitch – many members, both junior and senior contribute in other areas of the club – maintaining the pitch, helping behind the bar, and coaching youngsters etc. The club ethos could not be stronger and it is this ethos that has helped us achieve great success in recent years.
Here is a brief summary of our progress over recent years:
- The junior section has expanded from approximately 30 members to just over 100, with teams at Under 9, Under 11, Under 13 and Under 15 level.
- The 1st XI won back to back promotion in 2010/11, going undefeated in Wiltshire League Division 1. In the two seasons that followed the 1st XI achieved Runners-Up in the WEPL Wiltshire Division.
- In 2009 we introduced a 3rd XI, which has proved to be a great pathway into senior cricket for our talented junior members.
- The club introduced an overseas player for the first time in 2011 to help develop the pool of talent at the club; in the 2013 season the club signed Michael Papps (Former NZ Test Cricketer) as Player/Coach. We have now been joined by Michael’s team mate at Wellignton Luke Woodcock, also a former New Zealand International.
- With player development in mind, the club appointed an ECB Level 3 Coach in Paul Stoddard, as 1st XI Coach. Paul now works with our players throughout both the playing and closed season.
- In 2010 we were awarded Club Mark accreditation, which was shortly followed by Focus Club accreditation, making us one of only 19 clubs across all sports in the county to achieve this level of accreditation.
- The clubs facilities have been improved with the introduction of astro turf nets, covers, an electronic scoreboard, a bar, a new tractor shed, a score box, new sightscreens and the expansion of both home and away team changing rooms.
- In the 2014 season the club achieved an unprecedented level of success with the 1st achieving promotion to the Glos/Wilts league, the 3rd XI winning Wilts League Division 6 and both the Under 11 and Under 15 teams winning their respective leagues.
- At the end of the 2014 the square at the Red Lion Field was re-laid and work began on the Glebe Field, the new home for our 3rd & 4th XI.
- For the 2015 season we have introduced a 4th XI.
- 1st XI promoted to Tier 2 of the West of England Premier League.
As an ambitious club, we will be looking to keep moving forward, so here is a brief overview of our aims for the 2015 season and beyond:
- 1st XI maintain their position in WEPL Premier 2 Glos/Wilts Division.
- 2nd XI & 3rd XI to compete gain promotion from their respective divisions, whilst providing the opportunity for talented young players to develop.
- Continue to improve the facilities at the club has to offer, particularly on the new Glebe Field.
- We will aim to Increase our membership base year on year, bringing new people to the club improves the skills sets available to the club, but also increases revenue in the form of membership fees and bar takings, which can be re invested in the clubs members in the form of coaching or educational courses.
- We aim to bring more sponsors to the club, so that we can continue to improve the facilities that the club has to offer.